A little unknown game at Walt Disney World is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom which is very comparable to Harry Potter at Universal Orlando if you have ever been and bought the magic wand. The big difference is at the Magic Kingdom, this interactive experience is free (or at least included with your theme park ticket).
How does it work?
You can actually find all the information for the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom on Disney’s website under attractions, but without even knowing this exists and not well-known, you would have to search for it.
To start the Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom game, you first need to stop at the Firehouse on Main Street to pick up your map and cards.
If you choose to play the entire game, you are trying to defeat the villains and this can take up to 20-30 minutes. If you have younger children who won’t understand the full concept, they may like the interaction of if and seeing the videos and movement at the portals.
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Cards
Each player can receive a pack of cards, 5 per pack, per day. They are all different! If you are into collecting cards or looking for a free souvenir for the kids, this is a great option!
Note: At times, there are limited edition sorcerers cards available during special ticket events.
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Map
There are 20 magic portals throughout the park. The magic portals are located on the Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom map. How you find these locations is that there will be a gold key box that you will scan with your magic band as well as a gold marker on the ground which you will want to stand on.
Activate the magic portal with your magic band and listen to what it has to say and follow the instructions. You will choose a sorcerers card and hold up which will give a response back to you.
Did you know there are also many other lesser-known things to do at Walt Disney World that are super fun, too! Check out 15 Things To Do Without a Park Ticket.
If you are looking for unique ways to watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, check out these 4 ways to watch the fireworks.
Have fun and enjoy the magic of your vacation!
More Walt Disney World Information
- Sorcerers of the Magic KingdomShare the Magic! Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn A little unknown game at Walt Disney World is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom which is very comparable to Harry Potter at Universal Orlando if you have ever been and bought the magic wand. The big difference is …
Read More about Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Best Disney Resorts at Walt Disney WorldThere are many wonderful resorts at Walt Disney World, so to say what the best resorts are, it all depends on YOU and what you are looking for. There are a total of 29 Disney resorts, so you have plenty to choose from! 11 Villas …
Read More about Best Disney Resorts at Walt Disney World
- Best Character Dining at Walt Disney WorldBest character dining at Walt Disney World is really all a matter of opinion due to preference. Some people will love one restaurant and others not so much. If we take a deeper dive into what each one is about between the characters, ambiance, and …
Read More about Best Character Dining at Walt Disney World
- Is Memory Maker at Disney World Worth It?I will almost always recommend Disney’s Memory Maker and here is why… It is highly likely that if you are taking a magical vacation to Walt Disney World that you will be taking pictures, and probably a bunch of them. If you are a mom …
Read More about Is Memory Maker at Disney World Worth It?
- Best Snacks at Walt Disney World!There really are three priorities when it comes to a Walt Disney World vacation: what resort you are going to stay at, what rides are you going to ride, and FOOD! So what are the best snacks at Walt Disney World? We all know the …
Read More about Best Snacks at Walt Disney World!